Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Just when I thought H1N1 would never occur to anyone
so close to home, it did.

The victim of H1N1 aka swine flu, my lil sister.
I have completely no idea how she ever got it,
but yeah, she was tested positive for it.

Just after 3 days, I was down with fever and the
other usual symptoms of BABI FLU as well,
therefore I was admitted into the hospital as well.

It's pretty funny, knowing that both sisters of the
Lee family actually got diagnosed with H1N1.
(now you know the disadvantage of having to sleep
on the same bed, for who knows? 23 years of my life and
20 years for my sis.)
We were practically NEVER seperated since birth. LOL.

Apparently, we're pretty much known in NUH for our
ever so astonishing heart condition. We've been in and out
of the hospital countless times and trust me, we've had more
injections and blood tests done compared to the relatively healthy
people around us. So much so, we're so used to it. Haha.

I got admitted into NUH on a Saturday night, around 8.30pm.
There were so many questions that needed to be answered.
Yes, I am still under the paediatric ward even though I'm 23 already.
Due to my condition and the constant follow-up with Prof Quek.

I mean I don't mind being there as it makes me feel younger!
I took my temperature which was 37.4 degrees, compared
to the initial one taken at home, which was 38.4 degrees, it was
a relief for me as I realise that by sitting in my dad's van for say, 30minutes,
my temperature can really show a significant change. COOL!

I was escorted to the Fever Facility to be put under further observation.
I was questioned about my history, my current condition and all.
Blood pressure was taken and as usual it was low. :/
Then I was brought to Room 1, an isolated room for people
just like me who are most probably infected with H1N1 to rest.

The room only had a table, a chair, a bed and a sink.
The only thing that was missing was a cubicle,
if not the room would have made a perfect little house. LOL.

I waited for hours before the doctoor arrived.
Luckily, I had my handphone with me to keep in
contact with baby, mum, sis and my friends.

The doctor came and examined me,
asking more questions.
Bleahz, I was feeling sick and I had to answer
MORE questions. -shakes head-
After the interrogation, the doctor said I needed
to be SWABBED.
(Trust me, at that point of time, I seriously thought
it was some kind of blood test, but it ended up to be something
even more disgusting.) HAHA.

The doctor left to get the necessary stuffs and he came back
with a tube of 'reddish' liquid that looks like a drop of my menses
mixed with plain water and a thin stick with a small cotton bud head.
He told me to look up and that was when I knew it didn't have anything
too do with blood or tears, he actually stuffed that thin plastic stick up
into the right hole of my nostrils and it went right in.

It was FREAKING uncomfortable, I couldn't control my tears,
they just rolled down my cheeks so naturally and I was continuously
blinking, wishing for the entire process to finish.

When he was done, I quickly wiped the tears of my face.
The doc just wanted to take a sample of my mucus ( I guess )
I never really asked him, so I'm just gonna assume.
The procedure made my nose feel weird. I kept twitching it
afterwhich. HAHA.

Then another long wait for a couple more hours.
I could't take sitting on the chair for hours, till I
decided to plop onto the bed and sleep.
Went to the toilet once only and back to bed.

The nurse woke me up at around 4.15am
and told me that they were finally gonna bring
me up to the ward. Thank goodness.
After 7 WHOLE HOURS of waiting, my haven
was finally ready. LOL.
This must be the longest time I've ever waited for anything.

I was transferred to one of the Kent Ridge wing wards.
Ward 76, Bed 6, I still remember.
When i arrived there. I was stunned.

My, oh my! Whadda fine place ya have here missy! ;p
It was a spacious one bedded room.
ALL TO MYSELF!
I was elated man, it felt pretty good at that point of
time and the fact that I might have H1N1 didn't seem
to bother me at all already.

The nurse gave a short tour round the room,
filling me in with the necessary information that I need.
She was a sweet lady.
I quickly got comfortable, changed into the hospital outfit
and got into bed.

Unfortunately, I only got to enjoy it for 2 days,
technically only 1 and a half, sad to say. HAHA.
Anyway, it was still a good experience. =)

I got discharged on Monday afternoon and I was
given 9 days hospitalisation leave. How cool is that?
NOT EVEN! HAHA. I can't even step out of the house.
The cruel fate of H1N1 patients.

I had to take medication for it.
They have this drug for H1N1.
It's called Tamiflu, got to eat it for 5 days.
Hopefully it works. =)

Due to the fact that I likely had H1N1,
my office people all became so paranoid.
:/
Poor JJ, sorry dude. Had to drag you in coz
you were closer to me in the office. LOL.
Chill peeps, it's not a DEADLY disease, it
can be cured.

I've been rotting at home since Monday and although
I'm able to take a break now and rest well, I'm still not used
to the fact that I'm left stranded here with nothing to do.
Haha, I think I'm a workaholic. A day without work, makes
my entire body feel weird.

However, it is also good for me coz I can spend more time
with dearest. Talking on the phone, msn-ing annd even
webcaming! =)

Somehow or rather, dearest and me have been getting into
quite a couple of quarrels lately and this isn't good.
I manage to piss him again by asking questions when he obviously
doesn't like the feeling of being questioned.
I even have to be so dumb and stupid to ask questions that are simply
redundant and honestly I don't blame him for feeling this way.

After all, it is really my fault.
I've neglected baby for such a long time and all he
needs is just that care and attention of which I was not
sensitive enough to give.

He said it was like having a gf who doesn't care and having
friends who care alot.
Could jolly well be switching roles.
Sigh.
I'm at such a lost.

Making baby upset is the last thing I'd ever wanna do.
Still, I did it.
I just hope for a chance to sincerely show him,
how much he means to me and how much I love him.

On the other hand, my sales is bugging me.
I need to genereate more revenue, if not it's
BYE BYE to you, JA. :/

Give me some inspiration! I badly need them now.

I've not forgotten. Happy Anniversary baby. =)

* You and I, we both love, in the past, in the present and in the future. :)